Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Can I Be Personal for a Moment?

The fact that everything is permanent in the blogosphere hopefully will work to my advantage in this instance. Perhaps if I tell you what I'm facing and my plans to overcome it, I'll not waver on my self control.

I had my first cigarette when I was fourteen years old. I was probably seventeen when I developed a habit I found difficult to overcome. When I was in my twenties I quit for three years and why I started again, I can't imagine.

I quit again three years ago for six months. I'll be 59 next month and I've smoked long enough. I can't help but think my stamina would increase if I quit again. There are so many reasons I want to quit with my health being just one of them. I have a very personal reason for quitting that I won't go into here but there are other reasons as well. I hate the smell in my hair, my clothes and my apartment. I hate the fact that my teeth aren't white. No matter how hard I try, cigarette ashes just sort of drift under my ashtray.

Not good.

It's 3:36 am here in southeastern Michigan, I can't sleep and have few cigarettes left. Decaf coffee is brewing and I'll drink my coffee and have my last cigarettes. I need to quit, I have to quit and I want to quit. Let's see if I still feel the same way in a few days when the most difficult part of withdrawal hits.

I'm considering spending the rest of my money so I can't buy more. Perhaps a few patterns or more fabric? Sounds like a good idea to me! LOL


1 comment:

Miasews said...

Ah, quitting smoking. I've done it twice now. I haven't had a cigarette in over nine years and will never, ever, pick one up again. This time I quit with nicotine lozenges. However, I am still, nine years later, addicted to nicotene lozenges. But that's way, way, way better than cigarettes as it only affects my liver (lol) not my mouth, teeth, and lungs. Good luck to you. Do what you have to. QUIT!!!