Monday, December 10, 2012

I put a bobbin winding tire on my 15-91!

I can't believe I did it! I've put it off for a few days because I was scared to try but I did it! The old one came off easily but I used my nail file to put the new one on. Good thing I'm not a true collector because I scratched the wheel a bit.

So far, I've rewired her, cleaned and oiled her, bought bobbins and that tire thingy. The bobbins I found that worked finally came from Sew-Classic and they fit perfectly. It was a painless order and arrived very fast. You should try them for all your vintage sewing machine needs!

Now if I could just cover those scratches on the bed of the cabinet, I would be happy. I didn't realize when I took it out of the cabinet to rewire it that I had to be so careful. You live and learn! Perhaps some Old English furniture polish would help but I don't want to take the chance of it getting on my fabric.

I bought this machine at an antique store and love it. It came with the Zig-zagger, buttonholer and attachments. It sounds soooo good when running! I just love it and now I get to try it out completely! I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments: