Thursday, October 31, 2013

Swap 2014 Rules

Stitcher's Guild has been going down for a little bit each day. The SWAP rules for 2014 were posted yesterday. It's very interesting this year.

We'll be following Blue Mooney's "Algebra SWAP" formula:
3 "3 packs" + 2 "wild cards" = 11 garments. 
Each three pack will be:
2 tops + 1 bottom or1 top + 1 bottom + 1 outer layer or 1 dress + 1 top + 1 bottom
The "wild card" options can be just about anything you like, but they must be "garments" not accessories (hats, bags, blankets, etc.)
This sounds like Christine Jonson's Travel Trio's would work really well for this swap. My only concern is what they would look like on this somewhat chubby figure.

Travel Trio 1



Travel Trio Two


Travel Trio Three:



All patterns from cjpatterns.com
I can see myself in some of these but I would need more pants rather than skirts. I do love the wrap skirt. I would love to make the wrap skirt and jacket reversible. That would add to the mix!

cjpatterns.com also has a nice color of rayon/lycra named merlot: 

Love this color!
And this color:


It is different than any neutral scheme I've considered before. I usually go with black but I'm ready for something different. 


No comments: