Monday, November 25, 2013

Sewing and Fitting Pants for TNT Part 1

I said in my last post that I would begin with Simplicity 2860 Amazing Fit pants pattern but after looking at it and comparing it to my favorite RTW, I decided not to. The legs on this pattern are so big that it more closely resembles palazzo pants. The picture on the front is misleading. I couldn't believe how big the legs are. I don't want to cut the legs down and fight with fitting a pattern!

I looked at all my pants patterns and compared the legs to the size I prefer. I've decided on Vogue 1294 by Anne Klein. I like the curves and shape better. I have ironed the tissue. I don't feel the need to walk the pattern since it has been made by Chesneycat at roomforsewing.com. Her blog post helped me to decide on this pattern. It has the leg shape I want and I get the impression it's pretty easy. I would also like to make the blouse eventually but I don't have a suitable fabric at the moment.

I've walked my favorite pair of RTW pants on two patterns now and I come up with a size 16 and even that is a little big. I'm still going to sew a size 18 to make sure.

My muslin fabric is a synthetic sueded stone colored fabric with a little lycra. I've prewashed it twice and the fold creases do not come out. Hopefully I can work around them and not be confused when fitting.

Another thing I want to point you to is the inside of these pants by cationdesigns.com. They are beautiful and I want to finish my pants like that. I wonder what she uses? I'll revise this post when I find a few links.

That's all for tonight folks! I cut the pieces to the pattern, organized it and put the iron to it.

No comments: