Friday, May 4, 2012

Summer 2012 Wardrobe 6pac

I've never planned a wardrobe before and I have to tell you - it's work! Not only is it difficult but I'm now second guessing my choices. Oh well - the majority will work it's just that the coral is a little brighter than I'm use to wearing. Everyone tells me I'm a Spring and should be wearing brighter colors - we'll see! I hope I'm comfortable in them rather than my usual stand by of black and beige. Quite dreary, isn't it?


The coral and white are a linen/rayon blend, the cocoa is a poly/cotton sheeting, the prints are a knit blend - modal and something else, and there is also a white rayon tissue jersey in the mix. All I know is that I have to wash on cold and hang to dry.

Choosing fabrics isn't easy online. I spent hours pouring over sites and I hope when the fabrics arrive that they are compatible. I have white lining fabric just in case the linen isn't opaque and I plan to wear a white camisole with the tissue jersey shrug in the hottest weather.

Elizabeth from Stitcher's Guild reminds me to keep the pieces to six. I'm going to have a difficult time with that concept. As much as I'd like to simplify my wardrobe, I'm not sure it will give me enough choices. I am going to start and finish six to begin with however. If this weather we're having now is any indication of what the summer is going to be like - I'd better bet a move on.

No comments: