Saturday, June 16, 2012

Crashed again so I'm doing some planning!

Here I am again spending most of my time in bed. Sometimes I think I'll never learn - when I start feeling better, I try to get caught up on what needs to be done and inevitably end up crashing again.

I should know by now. I've been like this for six years and have crashed and burned more times than I can count. This time I'm even weak and shaky lying in bed - darn it!

One of the worst things about this is that your mind still needs stimulation - but not too much so it's a tough road to travel. One of the things I try to do is to plan and usually that means wardrobe planning.

This is the time that I'm reminded that I need easy care garments - something that I can wash out in the sink and hang to dry. Nothing too heavy because I can't wring it out. Just a nice knit that dries fast, washes easily and still looks presentable without ironing or drying in the dryer. Big order to fill.

It also needs to be wrinkle free when spending time in bed - I want to be able to get up frequently without worrying about nasty wrinkles in the fabric. At times like this, I usually spend a few hours in bed and then get up for 20 minutes or so.

Considering the very limited time I have to be productive - I've decided to buy yoga pants and tank tops for summer - long sleeved t's for winter. Some will function as pajamas and others will be day wear. I need something I can take care of myself - hate being a burden on anyone. I do think I can hand wash it myself if it's the right fabric. I looked online at JCP and found some yoga capri's that are inexpensive, easily hand washable and have good ratings. Good - that's taken care of and now I can plan my fall and winter clothes - I should be better by then and would actually be able to wear real clothes and take care of them.


1 comment:

Dixie said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling strong these days. Chronic illness can take a lot of energy out of a person! I hope you're better soon.
I've found wardrobe planning to be a very good subject to dwell on when I can't sleep. I've made some great wardrobes that way - whether or not they get executed in the sewing studio is another matter entirely.
Feel strong!