Monday, April 16, 2012

My Work in Progress Dedicated Sewing Area or Mom - What Do I Do With This??

I can remember when I was a kid and started cleaning my room. I would get almost done and there would be this little pile either on my floor or on the bed - and I would be lost. It's Deja Vu - let me show you what I mean.

Nice beginning to a sewing area, huh?
That doesn't look too bad, does it? The turquoise and brown containers previously housed all my office gear. I no longer have the need for an extensive office so I've decided to reuse them for sewing.

Probably not going to stay exactly like this - esthetics are missing. Gotta make it look better eventually!
Convenient place for rulers and the cutting mat, wouldn't you say?
Remember I said this was a work in progress? You have no idea!!!!

Office stuff, paperwork, books, dvd's and cd's and that's not the half of it!
Can you see the top of my dresser? - Don't worry, I can't either!
Looks can be deceiving, can't they? I cleared off another set of shelves and you see the evidence in the boxes! I no longer use those books and although I can't bear to give them away, I've packed them away for decisions at a future time.

I've placed my machine hoop in a laptop sleeve and it works great. Now I have to find a safe place for the embroidery extension. I think I'll cover the original styrofoam it came in and store it in that. If that breaks, I'm finished with my dream of little girls dresses, linens and other things I have found to put those gorgeous designs on.

Well, back to work - wish me luck!

No comments: