Saturday, September 1, 2012

New inspiration and perhaps even a skirt or two!

I regularly read Stitcher's Guild and glean more than I give. Hopefully someday that will change but don't count on it anytime soon! I have so much to learn even though I'm not a beginning sewist in most terms.

I was reading "Sewing for Perfection" in a thread and something hit home. How can I actually gain experience and technique if I never start? I have been in awe of some of the clothes they turn out and am sure I won't be able to make anything comparable. Of course not! I don't have the experience with new fabrics and machines. I do have a basic understanding of sewing and in fact have sewn for most of my life on and off.

I prepared my fabric by washing it in a color setting which on my machine is warm water, permanent press cycle. I dried them on delicate and the fabric is nice. I'm amazed. I bought most of it at Fabric Mart sight unseen and I couldn't be more pleased.

I'll update this post with pictures and patterns when I figure out how to set the color value on my camera. Yea for me! LOL

No comments: